Thank you very much for using the Japan Foundation website.
This site is operated on the basis of the following rules of use with the objective of supplying information of the Japan Foundation.
People who access and use this site are deemed to agree with this site policy.
(1)The copyrights (or intellectual property rights) for information carried on this site, such as text, illustrations, pictures, and images, all belong to the Japan Foundation unless otherwise stated.
(2)All or part of the information carried on this site cannot be reprinted or reproduced for any purpose other than private use.
(3)The information carried on this site can be quoted for mainly educational purposes, etc. and within the scope specified by law. In this case, please give a credit in the following way: for example, "Courtesy of the Japan Foundation" or "Source: Japan Foundation."
(4)However, of pictures and images on this site, in the case of those relating to a specific person, the consent of that person is necessary in order to protect that person's rights. For ways of obtaining a person's consent, etc., please inquire by telephone to the Communication Center.
Communication Center Tel:03-5369-6075
(5)Information carried on this site cannot be used for commercial purposes, such as advertising or selling a product. However, if consent has been obtained from the Japan Foundation, the use of information carried on this site might be permitted for commemorative goods, etc. In this case, the Japan Foundation does not recommend or encourage the said item (commemorative good, etc.) and does not exclusively authorize it.
2. Exemption of responsibility
(1)The utmost care is given to security on this site. However, this does not guarantee that the possibility of mistaken contents resulting from uncontrollable factors, such as falsification by a third party, is completely eliminated. The Japan Foundation does not bear responsibility for any damage to persons resulting from the use of this site or information on this site.
(2)In order to facilitate the convenience of people using this site, this site includes contents, links, and other information suggested by third parties and translations of these items carried out by the Japan Foundation for which the Japan Foundation does not have responsibility.
3. Use environment
In order to facilitate perusal and use of this site, we recommend the following browsers. As far as possible, please view the site using the latest version.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or above
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or above
Safari 2.0 or above
However, depending on your user environment, you might not be able to use some of the services provided on this site. (For example, the "The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test" and "Minna no Kyozai" sites, which use added kana readings for kanji, can only be viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer.)
(2)Acrobat Reader/PDF files
Some pages on this site use PDF files. PDF format files require the special Acrobat Reader software. This software can be downloaded free of charge from the Adobe Systems website accessed via the button on the left.
If your computer does not read Japanese, please also download the Asian Font Packs for Acrobat Reader in order to properly display the content.
The Japan Foundation collects information on visitors to this website in order to better provide the services available on the site. The collected information is handled with all due care in the manner described below.
(1) Scope and purposes of use of collected information
- (b)To subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, you must register your e-mail address. We also request that you register your sex, age, district of residence, and fields of interest (these are hereafter referred to as “user attributes”). The Japan Foundation uses this information in the distribution of the e-mail newsletter and for reference purposes in the operation of its activities. Your subscription to the e-mail newsletter can be cancelled or the registered information can be changed or revised by you at any time.
- (c)If you apply via e-mail to participate in a publicity event, you may be requested to supply certain information, such as your name and e-mail address, in order to facilitate contact and confirm your identity.
- (d)If you respond to a request from the Japan Foundation to provide comments or complete a questionnaire, you may be requested to supply certain information, such as your name, affiliation, and phone number. The Japan Foundation uses the collected information for reference purposes in the operation of its activities.
(2) Restrictions on use and supply
The Japan Foundation will not intentionally reveal identifying information collected from users to a third party, except in the following three cases:
- —If there is a legal obligation to supply such information
- —If the consent of the owner of the information is obtained
- —If it must be revealed to an external service provider contracted by the Japan Foundation to provide information processing services. In such cases, information is revealed only within the scope necessary for the performance of the said work.
The Japan Foundation adopts rational measures to prevent the accidental disclosure of collected information to a third party. Please understand, however, that the security measures taken by the Japan Foundation do not guarantee complete security regarding the leakage of information that can identify individual users, etc.
(1)The information and URL of this site may be changed or deleted without advance notification.
(2)While the utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information carried on this site, the Japan Foundation does not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any actions taken by users after using this site.
(3)The company names, product names, logos, etc. carried on this site are registered trademarks of the organizations or sales entities concerned.
(4)Due to technical limitations of the electronic media, fonts, etc. might differ from those in printed publicity materials (for example, machine-dependent characters, personal names).
(5)Due to system disorder, maintenance, etc., the supply of information from this site might be temporarily suspended.
The reproduction without permission of articles and photographs carried on this site is prohibited.