- Message from the President was updated
- The Visitors to the Japan Foundation was updated
- Videos presenting the activities of the Recipients of the Japan Foundation Prizes for Global Citizenship 2012 are also available on YouTube.
- JFIC Library: We have started our official Facebook.
- 2013 JF Website User Survey
- 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation
- The Japan Foundation celebrated the 40th anniversary of its establishment on October 2, 2012
Arts and Cultural Exchange
- Myanmar Music Concert: "Music from the Golden Land" (Jul. 2, 2013)
- Sugimoto Bunraku Sonezaki Shinju: The Love Suicides at Sonezaki
European Tour (Sep. 27 - Oct. 19, 2013)
- Special Mention to Japan
Japan Pavilion at the 55th International Art Exhibition – la Biennale di Venezia
- Japan Pavilion at the 55th International Art Exhibition - la Biennale di Venezia
abstract speaking- sharing uncertainty and collective acts (Jun.1 - Nov. 24, 2013)
- Japanese Films Screenings Overseas in June, 2013
- The Japan Foundation Traveling Exhibitions
- Exhibition “UNATTAINED LANDSCAPE” (Jun. 1 - Oct. 20, 2013)
- Japanese Book News 75 was published. (Mar. 1, 2013)
- “Worth Sharing-A Selection of Japanese Books Recommended for Translation” (20 titles) Vol.1 Japan’s Youth
Japanese-Language Education Overseas
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa：New Arrival Books Update
- "Nihongo Kyoiku Tsushin" was updated
- The Fifty-Fourth International Speech Contest in Japanese
- “Kokusai Koryu Kikin Nihongo Kyoiku Kiyo Vol. 9 (The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Education Bulletin Vol. 9) ” has been published.
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa：Book List by Topic was updated
- Website “Minna no Kyozai” celebrates its tenth anniversary and further improves its function to search Japanese-language teaching materials.
- The JF Nihongo Network was updated
- Call for Papers Assessment and Evaluation in Language Education (AELE) No. 3 (2013)
Cooperative Institute for Assessment and Evaluation in Language Education
- French version and Indonesian versions were added to the WEB version of "Erin's Challenge! I can speak Japanese."
Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchange
- Youth Exchange Project for 4,600 Japanese and American Students
"KAKEHASHI Project -The Bridge for Tomorrow-"
- 2013 Intellectual Exchange Programme between Japan and Europe in Alsace
Japanese Study Seminar - Postwar (Sen-go) Call for participation (Sep. 9-10, 2013)
- ALFP Special Symposium "The Future of Civil Society in Asia" (Discussion summary)
- Video Materials about the Japanese Society after the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Grant Program for Intellectual Exchange Conferences (FY 2012-2013)
- CGP：Kizuna (Bond) Project