［Notice］Regarding the Organizational Restructuring of the Japan Foundation
Coinciding with the start of our fifth medium-term plan (FY2022–FY2026), the Japan Foundation (JF) will undergo reorganization as of April 1, 2022, with the aim of building a better project implementation structure.
1. Establishment of the Global Partnerships Department
The Japan Foundation has vast expertise in building networks and administering projects in various countries and regions, cultivated through the projects undertaken by the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP), China Center and Asia Center. The Global Partnerships Department will be established to further promote project development from a global perspective, such as promoting better coordination among regions and laying the groundwork for cross-regional programs. The department aims not only to promote dialogue and collaborative engagement in important international issues for a wide range of people, including intellectuals, experts, ordinary citizens and youths but also to develop leaders of the next generation who will play key roles in promoting such dialogue and collaborative engagement.
2. Establishment of the NIHONGO Partners Program Department
Since FY2014, the Japan Foundation Asia Center has been dispatching NIHONGO Partners mainly to secondary schools in Asia, Southeast Asia in particular, to support the educational activities of the local Japanese-language teachers and introduce the charms of Japanese culture through cultural activities inside and outside the classroom. With this reorganization, NIHONGO Partners Program Department will be established, which will be responsible for the implementation of this program, while promoting further coordination with other Japanese-language programs of the Japan Foundation.
3. Establishment of the Japanese Studies Department
We will establish a department dedicated to providing support to Japanese studies overseas. The aim is to strengthen the implementation structure for supporting Japanese research institutes and researchers in other countries and promote a deeper understanding of Japanese culture and society among the people there.
* With this reorganization, the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP), China Center and Asia Center will be reorganized into the Global Partnerships Department and NIHONGO Partners Program Department. The programs conducted by the CGP and the China Center will be taken over and implemented by the Global Partnerships Department.
General Affairs Division
(When sending an e-mail, please replace the full-width "＠" character with a half-width character.)
- About Us Top
- About the Japan Foundation
- About the Japan Foundation Top
- Message from President
- Our Work
- Annual Report
- Organization Chart and Addresses
- JF Worldwide
- Information Services
- Contact Us
- News & Topics
- News & Topics Top
- Main Activities
- Events / Projects
- Press Release