Japonismes 2018 Follow-Up
French high school groups visit Japan—“Japonismes: un futur en résonance”
Group A visit: Touring the Edo-Tokyo Museum on February 11, 2020
Group B visit: Touring Todaiji Temple on February 27, 2020
Japonismes 2018 should not be allowed to fade into the past as a one-off event. In order to further deepen relations between Japan and France, turning Japonismes 2018 into an ongoing initiative, the Japan Foundation organized new personal exchanges between Japan and France, primarily for people who were involved in Japonismes 2018.
As the first step in this ongoing plan, the Japan Foundation invited French high school students—the generation that represents the future of exchange between Japan and France—to Japan for a short visit in February 2020, one year after Japonismes 2018 ended, dubbing it “Japonismes: un futur en résonance” (Future in Resonance). View scenes from their visit and reports by the participants.
Further exchanges have been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the seeds planted by Japonismes 2018 will continue to bear much fruit for many years to come.
See the following for more information (in French).
- What We Do Top
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture]
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture] Top
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Film and Broadcast
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language]
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language] Top
- Learn Japanese-language
- Teach Japanese-language
- Take Japanese-Language Test
- Know about Japanese-language education abroad
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai
- Japanese-Language Programs for Foreign Specified Skilled Worker Candidates
- Japanese Language Education for Japanese Children Resident Overseas and for the Descendants of Migrants
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue]
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue] Top
- Japanese Studies
- Global Partnerships Programs
- JF digital collection
- Other Programs / Programs to Commemorate Exchange Year
- Awards and Prizes