The Japan Foundation continuously conducts the “Traveling Exhibitions Program” to introduce Japanese arts and culture to overseas.
The traveling exhibitions includes a wide range of exhibitions from those to introduce traditional Japanese beauty such as ceramic art, craft and Japanese dolls to those to showcase the reality of modern Japan such as contemporary art, photography, architecture and designs. Approximately fifteen permanent traveling exhibitions are on the road throughout the year, appearing in over 100 art galleries, museums and cultural facilities
These traveling exhibitions are co-organized by the Japan Foundation and diplomatic missions abroad, with the cooperation of the art galleries, museums and cultural organizations in each country. We hope you will enjoy our exhibitions held in your country.
- ※The schedules are subject to change due to organizational reasons.
- ※Videos introducing some of the Traveling Exhibitions are available from the portal site.
Schedule of Traveling Exhibitions
- What We Do Top
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture]
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture] Top
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Film and Broadcast
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language]
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language] Top
- Learn Japanese-language
- Teach Japanese-language
- Take Japanese-Language Test
- Know about Japanese-language education abroad
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai
- Japanese-Language Programs for Foreign Specified Skilled Worker Candidates
- Japanese Language Education for Japanese Children Resident Overseas and for the Descendants of Migrants
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue]
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue] Top
- Japanese Studies
- Global Partnerships Programs
- JF digital collection
- Other Programs / Programs to Commemorate Exchange Year
- Awards and Prizes