As guidance from a single teacher can influence a number of students, the Japan Foundation conducts programs aimed at enhancing the teaching skills of educators who teach the Japanese-language. The Japan Foundation also provides grants to institutions overseas and supports events to promote Japanese-language education.
Japanese-Language Specialists Dispatch Program
The Japan Foundation dispatches Japanese-Language Senior Specialists, Japanese-Language Specialists, and Japanese-Language Assistants, to the overseas offices of the Japan Foundation, Ministries of Education, and institutions of higher and secondary education in various countries.
Support Program for Organizations in Japanese-Language Education (Grants)
The Japan Foundation supports Japanese language education activities by targeting Japanese-language teachers and students of Japanese language institutions and organizations.
Training Programs for Teachers Abroad
The institute provides advanced training for non-native Japanese-language teachers who are already at the helm or soon will be and programs for teachers with short experience to enhance their Japanese-language skills as well as teaching methodology, thus provides different training programs for teachers with different skills and experience.
JF Standard for Japanese-Language Education
The Japan Foundation continues to develop original tools to examine teaching, learning, and assessment, and it plays a core role in improving infrastructure for overseas Japanese-language education.
Find Teaching Materials
The Japan Foundation develops, manages, and deploys online and audio-visual Japanese-language teaching materials.
“Nihongo Kyoiku Tsushin”
“Nihongo kyoiku Tsushin” provides Japanese-language teachers, in particular those overseas, with information on teaching materials, teaching ideas for the classroom, current topics in Japan, the situation of Japanese-language education both in Japan and abroad, and so on.
Research on Japanese-Language Education
The construction of a basic foundation for Japanese-language education is a significant part of the programs. Activities include sharing expertise, conducting a survey of overseas Japanese-language institutions, and creating opportunities for information exchange.
The Japan Foundation also hosts symposium and issues publications and reports.
- What We Do Top
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture]
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture] Top
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Film and Broadcast
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language]
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language] Top
- Learn Japanese-language
- Teach Japanese-language
- Take Japanese-Language Test
- Know about Japanese-language education abroad
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai
- Japanese-Language Programs for Foreign Specified Skilled Worker Candidates
- Japanese Language Education for Japanese Children Resident Overseas and for the Descendants of Migrants
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue]
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue] Top
- Japanese Studies
- Global Partnerships Programs
- JF digital collection
- Other Programs / Programs to Commemorate Exchange Year
- Awards and Prizes