Japan-China Curator Exchange Program invites young Chinese curators to Japan
The Japan Foundation will invite the third group of young curators from China in October 2017 as a part of the Japan-China Curator Exchange Program which the Japan Foundation has started in fiscal 2014 to promote continual exchange among visual art professionals in these countries.
The ten-day program starts with a Japanese contemporary art lecture by a Japanese senior curator for Chinese participants to provide useful information to maximize their opportunities during their visits to art museums, art spaces, and exhibitions in Tokyo and other cities. They will also meet with colleagues in Japan with an aim to build a professional network as well as to deepen their understanding of the current art trend in Japan.
To conclude the program, the Chinese participants will have a meeting with the Japanese curators of the same generation to identify common challenges and differences, and discuss further opportunities in continuing exchange and cooperation between Chinese and Japanese curators.
Tuesday, October 17–Thursday, October 26, 2017
- BIAN Ka [Exhibition Manager, K11Concepts Limited Kunsthalle Department] (Beijing)
- CHAO Jiaxing [Senior Curator, START Museum] (Shanghai)
- LIU Tian [Independent curator] (Hangzhou)
- ZHANG Hanlu [Independent curator / Associate Editor, ARTFORUM China] (Shanghai)
Museums and Art Spaces to Visit
The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo; Tokyo Photographic Art Museum; Mori Art Museum; 21_21 Design Sight; Arts Initiative Tokyo; Yokohama Triennale; Kurumaya Museum of Art, Oyama City and others
- What challenges has the Japan-China Curator Exchange Program revealed?
- Japan-China Curator Exchange Program invites young Chinese art professionals to Japan
- Japan-China Curator Exchange Program invites young Chinese curators to Japan
The Japan Foundation
International Operations Section 1, Arts and Culture Dept.
Persons in charge: Suzuki, Sueyoshi, Yuhashi
- What We Do Top
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture]
- Arts and Cultural Exchange [Culture] Top
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Film and Broadcast
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language]
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas [Language] Top
- Learn Japanese-language
- Teach Japanese-language
- Take Japanese-Language Test
- Know about Japanese-language education abroad
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa
- The Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai
- Japanese-Language Programs for Foreign Specified Skilled Worker Candidates
- Japanese Language Education for Japanese Children Resident Overseas and for the Descendants of Migrants
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue]
- Japanese Studies and Global Partnerships [Dialogue] Top
- Japanese Studies
- Global Partnerships Programs
- JF digital collection
- Other Programs / Programs to Commemorate Exchange Year
- Awards and Prizes